Monday, June 3, 2024

Born on this day – Memphis Minnie:


Blues singer

Guitarist

Songwriter

June 3, 1897 – August 6, 1973

Credits:

Songs:

A Little Too Late; After While Blues; Ain't No Use Tryin' to Tell On Me (I Know Something on You); Ain't Nobody Home but Me; Bad Outside Friends; Ball and Chain Blues; Banana Man Blues; Beat It Right; Black Cat Blues; Black Rat Swing; Black Widow Stinger; Blue Monday Blues; Blues Everywhere; Botherin' That Thing; Boy Friend Blues; Broken Heart; Bumble Bee; Call the Fire Wagon; Can I Do It for You; Can't Afford to Lose My Man; Caught Me Wrong Again; Cherry Ball Blues; Chickasaw Train Blues (Low Down Dirty Thing); Conjur Man; Crazy Cryin' Blues; Daybreak Blues; Dirty Dauber Blues; Dirty Mother for You; Doctor, Doctor Blues; Don't Lead My Baby Wrong; Don't Turn the Card; Don't Want No Woman; Down by the Riverside; Down Home Girl; Down in New Orleans; Down in the Alley; Dragging My Heart Around; Drunken Barrel House Blues; Ethel Bea; Fashion Plate Daddy; Fingerprint Blues; Fish Man Blues; Fishin' Blues; Frankie Jean (That Trottin' Fool); 'Frisco Town; Garage Fire Blues; Georgia Skin; Give It to Me in My Hand (Can I Go Home with You); Goin' Back to Texas; Good Biscuits; Good Morning; Good Soppin'; Got to Leave You No. 1; Got to Leave You No. 2; Grandpa and Grandma Blues; Has Anyone Seen My Man?; He's in the Ring (Doing That Same Old Thing); Hold Me Blues; Hole in the Wall; Hoodoo Lady; Hot Stuff; Hustlin' Woman Blues; I Am Sailin'; I Called You This Morning; I Don't Want No Woman I Have to Give My Money To; I Don't Want That Junk Outa You; I Don't Want You No More; I Got To Make a Change Blues; I Hate to See the Sun Go Down; I Hope Love Will Change Some Day; I Never Told a Lie; Ice Man Blues; Ice Man (Come On Up); I'd Rather See Him Dead; If You See My Rooster (Please Run Him Home); I'm a Bad Luck Woman; I'm a Gambling Woman; I'm Going Back Home; I'm Going Don't You Know; I'm Gonna Bake My Biscuits; I'm Not a Bad Gal; I'm So Glad; I'm Talking About You; I'm Waiting On You; I'm Wild About My Stuff; In Love Again; In My Girlish Days; It Was You, Baby; It's Hard to Be Mistreated; It's Hard to Please My Man; I've Been Treated Wrong; Jailhouse Trouble Blues; Jockey Man Blues; Joe Louis Strut; Joliet Bound; Jump Little Rabbit; Keep It to Yourself; Keep On Eatin'; Keep On Goin'; Keep On Sailin'; Keep Your Big Mouth Shut; Kid Man Blues; Kind Treatment Blues; Killer Diller Blues; Killer Diller from the South; Kissing in the Dark; Lake Michigan; Lean Meat Won't Fry; Let Me Ride; Let's Go to Town; Living the Best I Can; Long As I Can See You Smile; Look What You Got; Looking the World Over; Lonesome Shack Blues; Love Come and Go; Low Down Man Blues; Ma Rainey; Man, You Won't Give Me No Money; Me and My Chauffeur Blues; Mean Mistreater Blues; Memphis Minnie-Jitis Blues; Meningitis Blues; Million Dollar Blues; Moaning the Blues; Moonshine; Mr. Tango Blues; My Baby Don't Want Me No More; My Black Buffalo; My Butcher Man; My Gage Is Going Up; My Man Is Gone Again; My Mary Blues; My Strange Man; My Wash Woman's Gone; New Bumble Bee Blues; New Caught Me Wrong Again; New Dirty Dozen; New Orleans Stop Time; Night Watchmen Blues; North Memphis Blues; Nothing in Rambling; Oh, Believe Me; Out in the Cold; Pickin' the Blues; Pig Meat on the Line; Pile Driving Blues; Please Don't Stop Him; Please Set a Date; Plymouth Rock Blues; Poor and Wandering Woman Blues; Preacher's Blues; Reachin' Pete; Remember Me Blues; Running and Dodging Blues; Selling My Pork Chops; She Put Me Outdoors; She Wouldn't Give Me None; Shout the Boogie; Soo Cow Soo; Squat It; Stinging Snake Blues; Stop Lying to Me; Sweet Man; Sylvester and His Mule Blues; That Will Be Allright; The Man I Love; The Saint; This Is Your Last Chance Baby; Three Times Seven Blues; Today Today Blues; Tonight I Smile with You; Too Late; True Love; Walking and Crying Blues; Wants Cake When I'm Hungry; Weary Woman's Blues; Western Union; What a Night; What Fault You Find of Me? Part 1; What Fault You Find of Me? Part 2; What's the Matter with the Mill?; When My Man Comes Home; When the Levee Breaks; When the Saints Go Marching Home; When the Sun Goes Down; When You Love Me; When You're Asleep; Where Is My Good Man; Why Did I Make You Cry; World of Trouble; Worried Baby Blues; You Can't Give It Away; You Got to Get Out of Here; You Got to Move; You Need a Friend; You Wrecked My Happy Home.

Albums:

"The Queen of the Blues": 1929–1941; 1930–1941; 1934–1941; 1941–1949; Blues Classics by Memphis Minnie; Complete Recorded Works 1935–1941 in Chronological Order, vol. 1, 10 January to 31 October 1935; Early Recordings with Kansas Joe McCoy, vol. 2; Hoodoo Lady (1933–1937); Hot Stuff: 1936–1949; I Ain't No Bad Gal; In My Girlish Days; In My Girlish Days: 1930–1935; Let's Go to Town; Love Changin' Blues: 1949, Blind Willie McTell and Memphis Minnie; Me and My Chauffeur Blues; Moaning the Blues; Night Time Blues, Ma Rainey and Memphis Minnie; Pickin' the Blues; Queen of the Blues; The Rough Guide to Memphis Minnie - Queen of the Country Blues; World of Trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment